Back to Blog
As part of its program activities, Academia Balkanica Europeana devotes a significant emphasis to the support of initiatives, activities and realization of projects that contribute to raising the level of education and culture in the country and the region.
In that direction, with the support of the Ministry of Culture, from June 7-9, 2023, an international scientific conference was organized under the title: Contemporary trends in Macedonian music and stage creation.
Macedonian musical and stage creativity represents one of the pillars of Macedonian musical creativity, and accordingly, one of the main drivers of musical life in our country. Laying the foundations in the post-war period, which is also characterized by the establishment of modern musical life, the musical-scenic creativity, from then until today, records a series of significant outbursts, through which Macedonian composers present their compositional maturity and creative imagination.
The papers of this international conference were devoted to the following areas:
- Macedonian operas in the 21st century
- Macedonian ballets in the 21st century
- Macedonian artists in the Macedonian music-stage creation
- The chamber works of contemporary composers
- Vocal-instrumental works in the 21st century
- The aesthetics of musical-scenic works
- Macedonian contemporary creativity on the world stage
At the conference moderated by prof. Darko Marinovski and Prof. Goce Ristovski, with their papers and presentations, a large number of prominent names from the country and abroad in the field of musical stage activities took part.